· Co-ordinator, Faculty of Arts 50th Anniversary Book Project, University of Ibadan.
· Member, Faculty of Arts 50th Anniversary Committee, University of Ibadan.
· Member, Academic Discourse Committee, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan, 2006.
· Part-time Lecturer, Edo State University M.Com. Programme, ESC Campus, Ibadan, 1996 – 1999.
· Secretary, Annual International Conference on African Literature and the English Language, University of Calabar, 1994–97.
· Eastern Co-ordinator, African Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (ASPSSI),1995-1996.
· Co-ordinator of Peer-promoters in Multi-Dimensional Approach to Young Adults’Fertility Management Programme, University Ibadan, 1991/1992.
· Editor-in-Chief, Academic Staff Union of Universities Bulletin, Calabar, Nigeria, and UNICAL Times, Calabar (1992-1997).
· Member, Appointments and Promotions Committee, Faculty of Arts, 2003/2004 and 2005/2006 sessions.
· Faculty of Arts Representative, Senate Curriculum Committee, University of Ibadan, 2005.
· Member, Faculty of arts Committee on Niyi Osundare Valedictory Lecture, June 2005.
· Member, Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies Committee on World Refugee Day Celebrations, June 2005.
· General Rappoteur, 15th Annual Conference of the Pan-African Anthropological Association, 8th – 12th August, 2005, Yaounde, Cameroon.
· Representative of Congregation at Senate, University of Ibadan, 2007.
· Chairman, ICT Committee, Department of English, University of Ibadan, 2007 to date.
· Member Linkage Programme Committee, Department of English, University of Ibadan, 2007 to date.
· External Examiner on the Use of English and Communication Skills for National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) students, Federal Cooperative College, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Eleyele, Ibadan, 2004 to Date.